How to remove screw back earrings
- When you’re ready to remove the earring, you will need to use both of your hands. Make sure to hold on to the front of the earring, so it doesn’t get lost. Now, grab the other end in a similar way. Twist in the appropriate direction, until the backing is completely freed.
- When twisting the screw back please make sure that it is tightened up to the full stop and doesn’t loosen freely at the end of the earring.
- Be careful to avoid dropping or banging as physical impacts can result in damage!
- Please note that the piercings are very robust but small in size. Try to always hold the earring with both hands and take it off and put it on in a place where, if it falls, you can find it.
5 useful tips when to go jewellery-free:
- Going swimming – No matter if you are going swimming in a sea or in a pool, leave the jewellery at home. Sweat, salt and chlorine water all damage the jewellery. Soap can also leave a film which makes the metal seem dull.
- Putting on sunscreen – Applying sunscreen means that your jewellery will get at least one coat of it, which will kill its shine and make it dewy.
- On direct sun – Exposure to the direct sun rays damages the jewellery, making it look bleached.
- In cold water – Cold water makes the fingers shrink, which is the main reason why the rings slip off easily and get lost.
- Doing gardening – Gardening, especially dirt and the rocks damage the jewellery. The abrasives will leave permanent damage.